Chris Baird is a Vice President in the San Francisco office. Since joining Locust Walk in 2013, he has been involved in multiple strategic and financing transactions for emerging and growth biopharmaceutical companies including:
- Corsair Pharma’s IP license and equity investment with United Therapeutics (NASDAQ: UTHR)
- Thar Pharmaceuticals’ acquisition by Grunenthal
- CymaBay’s (NASDAQ: CBAY) US license of Arhalofenate to Kowa
- Strongbridge’s (NASDAQ: SBBP) acquisition of Aspireo’s Somatoprim
- Strongbridge’s license of Antisense’s ATL1103
- Strongbridge’s private financings and US IPO raising a total of $84.6M
- Armetheon private financings raising a total of $31.3M
- Strategic Science & Technologies US license of IbuCream to a leading OTC player
- Fabrus’s merger with Senesco to form Sevion Therapeutics (OTC BB: SVON)
Prior to Locust Walk, Chris was an analyst at Leerink Partners. At Leerink, he advised leading and emerging biopharma companies in business development transactions including target identification, due diligence, and valuation. Additionally, Chris gained significant commercial, clinical, and payer/access project experience with an in-depth understanding of strategic issues faced by life sciences companies. Prior to Leerink, Chris worked at Amgen working in their Global Commercial Operations and R&D Finance groups.
Outside of Locust Walk, Chris is an avid runner and triathlete and has completed several Ironman and ultramarathon races. He and his wife Brianna have a newborn daughter named Bailey and a Hungarian Vizsla named Epke.
Chris holds a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania with concentrations in Finance and Business Strategy. He is a FINRA registered representative and holds his Series 79 and 63 licenses.